Tuesday 23 November 2010

ITAP – Development of Creative Thought & Structure in Illustration & Graphic Art

ITAP – Development of Creative Thought & Structure in Illustration & Graphic Art


Developing Ideational Fluency

How to be inspired, it is vital that a creative person is to avoid hitting that annoying brick wall, it happens to us all but is pointless if you cannot find a source or outlet for it.

Personally I gain inspiration mainly when I'm about to drift off to sleep annoying as it is getting out of bed to write the idea down it certainly benefits me as I don't wake up and forget. I also write things down and leave notes, possibly to many notes as my room is full of post its, when I'm  on the bus I do some sketches but stop halfway through due to people starring at me probably due to the fact I'm sketching them in some weird, wonderful way. One of my fun ways to play around with is by writing 3 random words on paper then to illustrate them in some form. I mainly collect flyers advertising pubs and metal clubs as the illustrations are always catchy.

Managing a Creative Environment

Depending where you work it can effect your outcomes, it can be easily drawn into the abyss when the tv is on or when people are talking next to you, theres just no way to channel your artistic thinking. The workshop, bedroom, garage, basement should be your room of eternal thinking where ideas poor out of a glass and draw themselves.
Thats where I'm guilty, my room is I hope to say inspirational but lacks style, I need to invest in a desk and other utilities, I work on the floor, more open spread. Incense sticks are like this essence of nostalgia, brings back some semi concious feeling which dates back to a childhood memory perhaps and just in tradition I light one when I work.  



  

No comments:

Post a Comment